A truffle hunt is a unique experience. Once, selected just for the producers of this “gem of the earth” but NOW it’s available for YOU, for wine and food lovers and for nature life lovers, for kids and adults, an activity for the entire family, to approach and the secret world of the several varieties of the Tuscan truffles during every season.
You will be accompanied by an expert truffle hunter with dogs, through a typical Tuscan woods in the beautiful hills surrounding the picturesque village of Montespertoli.
Entering the woods is an exciting ritual, an indescribable mix of emotions and impressions: the scent of nature, the silence interrupted only by the sound of the wind rustling the leaves. During the truffle hunting, I’ll tell you about the traditions, history and legends of this precious tuber.
After this wonderful experience, you’ll have a special truffle tasting lunch: cured meats, “crostini”, local cheeses with marmalades, “tagliolini” home-made pasta with raw truffle, a huge “Fiorentina” and dessert, of course with truffles!
Program (5 hours)
- Pick-up with our private minivan at the Meeting point
- Meetting with our full licensed truffle hunter
- Truffle walk in the local forest. Diego will share with you his knowledge and experience in a funny but informative way on the world of the Tuscan truffles.
- Vegetarian or non truffle meal option available
- Full transfer (from your hotel) by request
“Truffles make women more tender and men more lovable.”